Friday, October 31, 2008

October!

Wow, It has been wayy too long. I havent been too negative, just real busy.

Had my girls night the 17th... Had a BLAST! Half of the people didnt show up but I think that was for the best, it was a small and intimate crowd. I think everyone was pretty comfortable by the end of the night, I think the punch my mom made helped. It was definitely a pass on recipe. I will post it soon enough. It also helped because I think my mom's mind got off my grandma who is really sick right now. She also finally came over to see my apartment for the first real time. I dont count when she came in when I was sick (the L-n-J tornado had hit it)

Lloyd and I had a date day the Sunday after. Finally got my Down Under Pub....the bread was once again amazing. We headed to see Lakeside Terrace or whatever the movie's name is. Um it was okay, seemed to drag and then drop. Definitely blockbuster though. We found some sweaters for Lloyd for work. J Crew was having such a great sale, we ended up getting 3 sweaters for the original price of one. They all look absolutely perfect on him too, hopefully I wont dont my normal and shrink them. :C

A wondeful cold front rolled through too, I was loving it for the few days it was here. Not used to the long weather here yet even though I have been here for a while. I have more winter clothes then summer clothes so in my mind Sept/Oct means that they should be pulled out. At this rate, I am thinking about giving away all my winter coats except for about the three basic ones. Lloyd said my clothes are at the largest quantity that it can get. Haha, I understand where he is coming from, right now I use the guest closet and half of mine and his. Plus all my coats are in the front closet. So the deal was whenever I get new clothes, I just have to give some away. I have done pretty well. Gotten addicted to Freecycle. The only 2 things I have gotten off were magazines and a new Iphone Charger for Lloyd. But I have a stack of things that I have to put up this weekend. I just love that its email based, makes it alot easy to check on the replies since it gets sent directly to my phone. I found a ton of things that I gave to this sister/neices too. It felt good to actually go through things.

Speaking of emails through my phone, these yahoo groups have become my best friend with recipes and ideas. Lloyd and I didnt eat out but on our date night this week. I found enough things that kept us with lunch and dinners. I was very proud of myself with my first home-made lasagna and shredded pork. It was good. I found my favorite is to do my crockpot at night because by the morning the food smells amazing and actually makes me want to get up! Pitiful huh?

Found my favorite wine too! Too bad I cant open a bottle of wine for the life of me! Keep breaking the damn cork, ordering an electric wine opener...maybe that will help.

I love this time of year so much. The only downfall is the the temp and no leaves are turning/falling. I really miss Helen and the mountains at this time. But the next two months will go by a firestorm, I already know. I just have to make sure I get to see the girls as much as I have been lately. Have to think of a cute way for us to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. Especially Christmas, part of me wants to do a christmas party for my birthday but then I have been so against celebrating them together. Guess I am growing up huh?

Cant wait for the Holidays....Charlotte will be here from the 20 so she has my birthday, christmas eve and christmas day...which is great, seems like forever. Plus we seem to keep more of the Atlanta traditions around when she is here.


Going to see Joey tomorrow, seems like he is having some trouble, hoping I can talk to him and see whats going on. Been a while since I got some serious sister/brother time with him. Wish Lloyd was able to come because then he has a guy that can somewhat relate since I can only relate to the fact of having the same parents. But hopefully that goes well...

No comments: