Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Complete 180

Things are so much more different than two weeks ago. I have started a new position for a Clinic in Plano, hence the reason I have not written in here in the longest time. I am extremely excited about the opportunity, I feel like I have learned so much but its just a start. Its so funny because one of my good friends, Rachel, and I started working in our first doctor's office within a week of each other. I have two other people that I know of that are starting their first jobs as apartment leasers within a week of each other. I have been so incredibly busy, it feels like there isnt a free weekend anytime soon either.

My parents are going to visit my grandparents in Iowa this weekend, I wish I could go but with starting a new job...it just is not possible at this point. Originally they were going to have my brother stay with me during that time because of the problems with school, but the dummy went and got suspended so he will be going also. Its just so hard to watch my brother do what he has been doing lately and how much stress it is causing my parents. I just wish there was something I can do. The more I speak to him about it, the more he tells me..."I am changing for the better, wait...you will see" but it seems like the complete opposite. Its getting real bad.

My grandmother is doing amazing here, her appetite seems to have picked up. She will actually eat a meal and was going back for seconds on Sunday. I always pick on my mom when it happens, but I really do love the thought. Even to this day, she gets all of us Easter baskets. Enough candy and chocolate to last me through Halloween. This year she made Lloyd up one too. So double the candy.

I have so many could-be trips coming up soon but with the new job and watching the spending from being laid off, it just isnt possible at this point. I have graduations in Georgia, Reunions in Iowa, etc The big stuff. Maybe Lloyd and I can swing it.

1 comment:

Niecy said...

YAY ON THE NEW JOB!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! I'm glad your grandma is improving too and your bro needs a kick in the rear. It sucks dealing with rebellious teens. All they need to do is make the right choices because things can go bad quick! I will keep him in my prayers!