Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Luck of the Irish

Well I woke up today, honestly kind of sad. I had no one to make cupcakes for or cookies decorated with the clovers. These are the times I really miss working with children.

I took my dispatcher's test yesterday. Quite nervous because I had no clue how I was going to do with all the numbers. Between the anxiety and the dyslexia, I thought it would have the best of me. I was suppose to get the results in this morning for whether they would continue on with my background check. Well sure enough, I passed which is great news...I am not a total idiot. So that put me in a semi-good mood.

But then, I received a call from a HR recruiter for a job that I applied to. We did a phone interview and she will be passing my information on to the hiring manager. So fingers crossed on hearing back.

I think I had the luck of the Irish on my side today!

This whole unemployment thing has me so frustrated and discouraged. It seems like the local office is SO SO unbelievably disorganized and never able to be reached.I went up there today for some help and their response was handing me a sheet of paper and telling me to fax it. Which is great, I knew about both prior to going up...I wanted questions answered since I would be going to court over this. But no help with that what-so-ever. The government at it's finest.




With the unemployment mess and the stress, Lloyd and I decided to take Crosby on a walk to the lake up the road. Crosby did horrible! He just hates to be around traffic, and cannot grasp why he has to be put on a leash. Such a stubborn one. We got up to the lake right around the time the sun was setting, so very pretty. We put Crosby at the edge of the water to see how he would do, he was a wimp. Cried and went running away. If he isn't being held and pampered, he isn't enjoying it. Its a rough life for him.

It has been such beautiful weather here in Dallas the last few days. The perfect weather actually. It made running my errands today absolutely worth it with the windows down with the sound of Fergie playing.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saint Patricks Day.

No comments: